Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blessed

I was blessed today listening to a momma tell me how her five year old daughter shares Jesus. Mom and daughter were at a Tractor Supply Store in town and the owner, having a daughter close in age, asked what school did attend and what was she learning there.  The daughter gave him the name of the school correctly and than told him that at school she learned about Jesus.  Somehow, I don't think that was the answer he was expecting but oh, how it brings a smile to my heart.  That night the same family went to a Chinese food restaurant where this child was delighted to be at because at school they had just finished a unit on China and had learned that not all places in China can you talk about Jesus, along with many other things.  This did not sit well with this child who was heartbroken that not everyone could learn about and love Jesus as much or as easily as she could.  Well, the waitress walked up to the table and with big beautiful eyes, the child asked, "Are you from China?"  "Yes", the waitress replied with a big welcoming smile on her face.  The smile grew bigger on the child as she asked, "Oh, do you know about Jesus?"  The waitresses smile faltered and she looked down at the child and kind of got a little smile back but brushed past the question with questions of her own about food.  All the adults at the table and close surrounding areas got quiet when they heard the question.  Proud parents with smiles of adoration looking upon their child.  Other adults were just amazed that the child was asking that kind of question in the first place.
""Oh, My beloved child," I can just hear Christ saying.  "Your faith, your heart."  As this dear momma brought this story to me I could hardly keep the tears from streaming down my face.  I can SEE in her Christ at this tender young age.  Boldness. Speaking frankly.  No fear.  This is a child that I can SEE being a missionary, wherever God places her.  Today, I am blessed by a child. 
Precious Savior and my Redeemer, help me to be bold in my faith like a child.  Forgive me for falling short way too many times with missed opportunities.  Thank you for children who learn Your word and take the truth and speak it.  In Your name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment