Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bible cover

So, I have a much loved on Bible.  I have had it since I was 13 years old and it was given to me by my parents.  It is my first Bible that I was allowed to high light in.  I was so proud with all of my multi colored highlighters ready to rip out of my Bible cover at any time I thought the pastor said anything important.  I also had a multi colored pen that I could pop up a color at any time to underline if necessary.  My Bible has notes written all over the pages from numerous sermons heard throughout the years, and is truly one of my most prized possessions.  My only fault that I have with it now is that I need to get it recovered.  My leather has ripped off along the seams and the binding is starting to tear the front cover of it.  I desperately need to find a place to have it done.  Preferably in an area that they do it on sight.  My DH told me that I will probably need to have it shipped away, but I really don't feel like I could bear that.  So, my prayer tonight is that God would bring to my attention a place where it will be taken care of.  I kept telling my honey that when I was younger, we would just go to Marantha Bible Book Store and they could bind your Bible for you while you shopped in the store.  And if you were lucky enough like I was, you could get your name embossed on the front of the leather cover also.  While I was waiting I would walk around in the big store and listen to Keith Green on big ole head phones.  Oh the sweet memories.  I need a Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment