Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blessed

School was dismissed early today because of a huge sleet and snowstorm coming into town and I had a couple of errands to run before it hit.  One of my errands included going to the grocery store with what seemed like every other person in town.  After quickly filling my cart, I took my place in line (10 people back- next to the dog food ) and waited my turn.  It was a long wait (my ice cream melted), but everyone around me was in a good mood.  When I finally reached the register and started placing my groceries on the conveyer belt, the elderly gentleman behind me leaned forward to tell me that he thought some of my groceries were leaking.  Startled, I looked back down the aisle behind me and sure enough, underneath my cart was a growing puddle of milk.  After reaching under my cart and pulling out the three gallons of milk and determining which milk was leaking, this kind stranger took my milk, told me to continue unloading and that he would go exchange my milk for me.  I was flabbergasted and so very touched.  This is something that I would do, but was floored by the kindness of a stranger.  It was one of those moments when all I could say was Thank You, and yet it did not seem enough.  I loved that God was able to bless me this way today and am so grateful for this man.  May God BLESS him and allow me the opportunity to bless someone else in the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment