Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Intentional

I have never written or created a blog before, so this will be a work in progress.  It is perfect for me actually, as I am a continual work in progress!
This year I am trying to be intentional in ALL that I do and it is not as easy as it sounds.  Last year I read a beautiful book from Beth Moore that talked about having Purity of thought, Purity of Words and Purity of Deed.  A verse to go along with Purity of thought is found in Psalm 139:23-24  "Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way."  I learned this verse as a youth and often sang it, but never quite grasped the meaning as I do now.  Now when I sing those words, they are a prayer of petition from a longing heart.  A verse to go along with Purity of Word is found in Psalm 19:14 "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer."  Growing up I used to take pride in speaking my mind, or feeling that it was my right to say whatever I thought.  Oh, how times have changed!  I am now a person who really guards my words, but I still really need to guard my heart so that when I do get worked up enough to spew out, my words would be words that would be pleasing and acceptable to the Lord.  Find me faithful Jesus.  Thank you for your forgiveness for the countless times I fail.  A verse to go along with Purity of deed is from Psalm 15:1-2.  "Lord, who may dwell in Your sanctuary?  Who may live on Your holy hill?  He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart."  God is working on my character and I will continue to sing His praises.  My hope and my treasure is found in Jesus.  My heart longs to have my life be an outflowing of the character and nature of God. 
Precious Jesus, please be with me as I am intentional in my walk and relationship with You.  Thank you for loving me and calling me to You.  In Your precious name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment