Friday, January 28, 2011

Waiting

I have had to sit in many different waiting rooms at doctor's offices lately and kept thinking to myself, if only walls could talk, what would they say? Would they talk about about the people who come in one person and walk out changed, or about the faceless people in the other room who are determining what your immediate future holds. Would they tell you if an actual doctor going to come in or is in the building? Or that the paper thin gowns won't actually tear? Would they talk about the countless prayers said, possibly for the first time or the pleading cry's of if only's. Would they speak of scriptures or songs sung? Would they talk about the girl with her boyfriend in the room next door who was told she was pregnant, or the woman who was told she has cancer? I couldn't help but think these thoughts and many, many more as I sat and listened to conversations through paper thin walls, and gave many thanks that I have a hope and a future and know that no matter what walks through the door or the words said that I am okay. I know my Redeemer and am blessed and loved. That I live in His grace.

Isaiah 40:31
"But those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength;  they will soar on wings like eagles;  they will run and not grow weary;  they will walk and not faint."

No comments:

Post a Comment