Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's just coffee...

Yesterday, I heard crying from one of my boys telling me that he had accidentally spilled my full cup of coffee into my work bag.  It took about two seconds to register what he had said and than for me to be the bionic woman, (can you hear me running -cha, cha, cha, cha cha...) to see how bad the damage was.   Thankfully my laptop was not in the bag at the time. The mug had been taken out, but the full cup of coffee was still in the bag and dripping down and soaking into all of the documents.  Rahhhh......  I was so upset with him. [ Why couldn't he just grab something to sop up the spill?  It takes two seconds, to help fix the problem and it doesn't include standing there crying, not doing anything.  Is crying really going to help, nope- so stop.]  All of these words flew out of my mouth with so much frustration,  and it was all I could do to not sit and cry as I was literally pouring the bag into the trash and watching my full cup of coffee come out.  Painstaking I had to take each document, and wipe both sides dry.  Many of them will have to be redone.  My thoughts went to: [ugh...look at all of those hours wasted only to have to do them again.  He's old enough to know better.  He should have known to immediately grab a towel and call me as he was trying to dry it off. Not stand there crying.],  I was so disappointed in him.

 Having had time to calm down, I realize that God is teaching me a very big lesson.  I can just hear Him saying to me, Child, have you not made so many mistakes/accidents and have done nothing?  Still nothing?   Have I not had to painstaking watch while you did these over and over again, and have forgiven you each time?  Beloved, when will you learn?  Mercy- child, patience. Gentleness of spirit.
My head bows, as tears form and I pray Abba, Father, thank you for love, for Your forgiveness of sin.  That You are not quick to anger, and that You will never give up on me.  That.You.Love.me.

I know that I have countless lessons to learn as a child of God and that I will make innumerable mistakes. I am so thankful that I don't hear the frustration from God each time I do.  Lord, willing I will learn to not show my disappointment at a lesson not learned and will instead show mercy and look forward to the time the lesson will be learned.   I mean, after all, he was doing one of his chores... the trash can just accidentally tipped the coffee cup over into the bag at the side of the table while he was trying to take it out. It is. just. coffee.  God used just coffee.  Each morning I think I will look at my coffee with new eyes to see what God will be teaching me this day.  Maybe it will have to be from coffee again.  Hopefully not, hopefully it is a lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment