Sunday, February 20, 2011

My heart is bursting!

I just had a Please Lord let this moment be forever etched in my heart and mind.  My child came to hang out with me (after his brothers were all tucked in for the night) and told me that he liked a girl at school and could he ask her out on a date.  He told me they had gone to elementary school together and that they had several classes together this year and sometimes eat lunch and hang out together.  I quickly sent up a prayer asking God for guidance in what to say and asked him what he thought a date was.  He said he wasn't sure, but he knew he liked her and wanted to go out.  I told him that I thought that talking on the phone would be okay, inviting her to church would be okay.  He told me she already goes to church and where she went.  We talked about that even if she went somewhere else he could invite her to a special event.  He seemed pleased with this, thank you Lord!  I than got to tell him how much I love him and that I LOVED how he could trust me with his heart this way. I love him so much, my heart feels like it is going to burst.  I can't stop the smile that is on my face but also feel like I am going to cry because my little boy is turning into a young man.  Oh, how this momma's heart is praying for God's guidance in raising a Godly man. A man who has God's heart.  This is a moment I will store up and treasure in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment