Friday, February 18, 2011

Grief

Grief.....  Grief is something that grips your heart, clenches your soul and makes it hard to catch your breath.  Your stomach drops every single time you allow your mind to think, to dwell.  You get a tickle in your throat and your eyes burn before they fill with tears that stream almost unnoticed down your face.  Your head and heart ache.  Ache.  Confusion. Questions. Why?  Grief freezes time.  It hits everyone.

Today, I found out one that I love dearly has Cystic Fibrosis.  My heart aches.  Tears flow freely.  Questions come abundantly.   Grief. 

Today,  I found out that I do not have breast cancer-right now.  I will play the wait game and come back in the summer to have the lumps re-evaluated.  Many tests will need to be re-done and assessed.  Yet still I have  Joy supressed.  Rejoicing in spirit, my heart is full.

Thank you Father that during trials and tribulations, during turmoil, heartache and despair, YOU are there.  Let Your Mighty Name be on my heart, mind and lips.  Direct my path. 

Romans 5:13
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Psalm 143:8
"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift my soul."

Romans 12:12
"Rejoice in Hope.  Be patient in tribulation.  Be constant in prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment